Updates, Changes & Love for 2018!
Updated: Feb 23, 2019
Hey Y'all! It's been quite a while since I posted anything on here so I figure with all the new changes coming about, that it's finally time. Big breath.....
OK, so I'll try to keep this short and sweet but I can't help that I like to talk. I'm a girl.
I've had many questions now for the past year of, "where are you going with your baking?" "when are you going to open a storefront bakery?" "what about if/when you move?" "what's REALLY on your menu?" etc... haha
Here is my attempt to answering it all and more.
1. For starters, You many have noticed my website has had a complete overhaul. It now has ALL and everything you need for any info. Yes, You still have to contact me to place any order. This feature will not be going away, ever, if I can help it. I have a thing about personal service.
2. The menu has been streamlined.... by quite a bit. This last year has kind of been quite an experiment. I have made cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, pastries, and of course macarons, and honestly a bunch of other things people have requested, simply because they requested it. It has been fun for sure! BUT, it's not what I love. It's not why I started baking. And Iv'e noticed that, while it has kept me crazy busy and I'm so thankful, it has really pulled me away from why I started doing this. The menu is literally only cakes, french macs, cream puffs, and eclairs right now. New recipes in store for the cream puffs and eclairs as well with the menu subject to change. My love has and always will be pastry...que the next point
3. My goal was NEVER and IS NOT to open a storefront bakery. I started baking my way through some french pastry cookbooks 2 years ago because I love it. I love to eat it mostly. lol I love the science behind it. I love the trial and error process of getting a recipe just right. In case you didn't know this about me, I grew up in Italy where I ate real pastries on the daily. I'm just trying to bring the Europe back over here in my world because I have searched far and low and couldn't find that quality here in America yet (at least none that's actually tangible where Iv'e lived) so I decided to make my own. This has led to people asking me to make them things which has now turned into what I have today. Now, I am reigning it all back in to find a balance between my clients and my personal growth as a pastry chef. I will even be attending some workshops throughout the year. BUT what that does mean for you is that I will go back to posting new delicious recipes on here too!
4. On that note, I do love cakes too!! I love designing them and buttercream everything in case you couldn't tell (HA HA ;) ) I love buttercream! And on top of that, American buttercream. I know it's odd but I don't care for Italian or Swiss buttercream. haha. SO, if you don't get it yet, I only bake what I LIKE to eat....
5. I have this crazy notion that things are supposed to look pretty but also taste even better. What in the world is the point of making things that don't taste amazing? SO, I do not use fondant (except small decoration) and I do not like royal icing so I don't really use it. If I ever have to, I try to put as much flavor in it as possible but its still just kinda blah to me. lol These are great tools for some bakers but not here. I use real seasonal fruits, I use fresh herbs (as much as I can) and I use real butter, eggs, milks (creams). If I could have my own farm to produce what I need all on my own and still function in life, I would! haha I bake everything as fresh as humanly possible and in small batches.
6. This is not about money to me. It never has been and never will be. That's kind of the thing about your "passion". You do it because you love it. So no, I won't just open another cupcake place or make some decorated sugar cookies by the masses because not only is that market so over saturated , it's not what I'm here to do. I am not here to make generic sweets and fit into a certain niche , I'm here to carve out my own. I'm here to take my own creative ideas to the next level. I'm a designer that happens to love sugar, always have been and always will be.
7. I don't have customers, I have clients. I am not a "bakery" in the same sense that a wedding dress designer is not a dress shop. My name is a part of my brand. Every cake and order I do is a unique custom design. I DO NOT replicate cakes. I DO use them for inspiration, just like any artist. You can find more info on that process here. I typed it all out now. :) I'm really big into custom bespoke work so I will talk to you through the whole order process to make sure you get what you want. It's all about personal service.
8. Prices have not really changed. On that note, you get what you pay for. If you think I'm too expensive, please find another place that suites you better. I am not offended by that. Baking things from scratch with custom design work and materials needed for it cost more and so does my time. Again, I'm here to produce yummy quality products that are freshly made. * I am going to be launching something very soon for kids cakes so please stay tuned for that info! i Just have to work out a few more details.
9. I have now added a Gallery to my page! check it out here! I will do my best to update it periodically but it will now be requested that all my clients view this to get a feel for my work prior to ordering from me. My work is modern rustic bakery, naked cakes, fruits, flowers, fresh, drips.... I need to make sure I am what you're looking for in your product. A huge thank you to all the amazing photographers I have worked with for these gorgeous images! They are all credited underneath each picture. Please feel free to check out their work!!
10. I am married into the military so if we move anytime in the future I will definitely let everyone know. As of now, still here in NC. :)
11. WEDDINGS!!! AHHHHH, my fav! So many exciting things on the horizon for this! #1 is that all wedding consultations will be at The Palo Alto Plantation! It's so gorgeous and the perfect venue! Not to mention, the owners are the absolute sweetest people! I'm so excited about this! French macaron towers and croquembouches are now available! Check out more info here! and book your consultation!
12. I will be taking on (a little) less work this year but bigger projects instead. Please contact me for availability and my goal is to try and work in as much as I can! Also, please contact me with any special requests or orders. I will always try to help everyone without going crazy lol
13. Last but not least, I am a person. I am my brand. I am a mother, a wife, a yoga teacher, and a woman. I stand behind my values and beliefs in this world. I believe in being kind at all costs and empowering others. There is no room for anything else over here. We lift each other up and I have had the honor of collaborating with some of the most amazing women in business through my baking. Also, the amazing clients I have worked with and even befriended through here! I can't thank you all enough for all your past and continued support!! You all are rock stars and I can't wait for what the future holds! Maybe a mobile bakery?? Maybe my cake on the cover of vogue?? ;) BIG DREAMS, BIG HEART y'all <3! Don't you ever let anyone bring you down! Take those stones people cast and build you a freakin empire!
PHOTO above by FINGERS AND TOES PHOTOGRAPHY <3